1. Florida Cracker/Pineywoods– A short article about Florida cattle.
2. Cracker Farmhouses, 1840-1920– Read a short history of house architecture before there was air conditioning. This site contains links if you want to read further about Cracker Farmhouse architecture.
3. Curs and Catahoula Leopards, the Cow-Hog Dogs– Read about the dogs that helped Florida cattlemen round up feral cattle.
4. Florida Highwaymen: Local Art makes Art History– Denied access to public galleries and museums in the 1950s and 1960s these self-taught African-American artists known as the Highwaymen sold their art to travelers on the state highways. Their art is now considered a Florida treasure.
5. Seminole Tribe of Florida – History– Read about the history of the Seminole Tribe of Florida. The only Native Americans who never surrendered to the United States government. This page is part of a larger website built by the Seminole tribe of Florida.
6. Florida Everglades– Learn more about this unique ecology only found in Florida. Learn about the history, ecology and geography.